Dear Creekside Stinger Families,
Chalk it up to the craziness of the year, but we are a little late in ordering yearbooks for Creekside! Please take a minute to pre-order using this link. We must meet a minimum number or we will not be able to order them. If you purchase one, your yearbook will be mailed to your home this summer. Cost will $15 - $20 per yearbook depending upon the size of our school’s order.
This is a reminder to take a moment to tell us how we are doing. We want to know things you appreciate and want us to continue doing and we also need to hear your ideas for improvement. Please click the following link to be taken to a survey for Creekside. This will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Family Climate Survey
Read on for some important updates!
Growth, Love, and Learning,
Reminder…Fun for Kids!
- Please send a white T-shirt for tie-dying to school with your Stinger by June 14. This t-shirt does not have to be new, just white. It can even have a graphic or text on it. If you decide to send a new t-shirt, please consider donating an extra for a classmate who may not be able to bring one.
Reminder…Fun for Staff too!
I am cooking on something fun for staff in June. I can’t say much more or it will spoil the surprise. If you are interested in donating a small prize to help say “Thank you!” to the best staff around, please consider sending any of the following types of items with your Stinger to bring to the office:
- Starbucks gift card ($5)
- A pack of gum
- Hand soap, hand lotion, other items for pampering the tired teacher
- Cute pair of socks
- A candy bar
- A can of Coca Cola or some other soda
- A set of gel pens
- A bag of chips or a can of Pringles or some other snack
- Etc….etc…etc…Thank you!!!
School Climate and Behavior Support…
Creekside is a PBIS school which stands for “Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports.” Each year we will formally evaluate our progress in managing and supporting student behaviors.
Here are some highlights from this year’s formal evaluation done by our coach, Dr. Lisa Hoyt:
- Creekside staff are using PBIS behavior interventions with fidelity.
- 100% of students said that they had been acknowledged for safe, respectful and responsible behavior.
- 100% of staff have acknowledged students for safe, respectful and responsible behavior.
- 94% students said they always like being at school, 6% said sometimes.
- “It has been incredible to watch how the team quickly and efficiently built the foundational supports for all students and developed a positive school culture.”
Thank you for all of your support of our Stingers at home! Does your child talk about our Stinger expectations (rules)? Have you heard our rules: Safe, Respectful and Responsible? Ask your child if they have received a Stinger Pride Ticket this week. Let’s celebrate our success together!
Remote Learning Day, May 28 and June 11
There will be no in-person learning on Friday, May 28 or Friday, June 11. Instead, students will receive remote learning instructions and assignments while teachers collaborate to focus on improving student learning.
Parent Engagement, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Advisory, and Creekside Vision Input and PTSO Meeting
Tuesday, June 8, 2021, 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm, link to Zoom meeting
Field Day, June 23.
Last Day of School, June 25.
12 pm dismissal. Lunch is not served on June 25.
Ongoing, remainder of school year
Kindergarten Registration for 2021-22! Please tell your neighbors and friends in the Mead School District. Regardless of whether you want to have your kids in remote learning or face-to-face learning next year, please get them registered as soon as possible so we can plan for Stinger Staff! If your child is a preschooler starting Kindergarten next year, you must re-register at your home school. Here is the link to go right to the online registration page.
If your child is a preschooler who will be moving into a Developmental Learning Center for Kindergarten, you will register him or her at your neighborhood school. The determination about which DLCs all children will attend has not been made yet, but you can go ahead and register.