Dear Creekside Stinger Families,
What a ride this year has been! We are so proud to have opened a new school under really challenging circumstances. Your support and partnership have made this possible. Personally, I think our teachers have knocked it out of the park! Of course, we always have room to grow.
Please take a moment to tell us how we are doing. We want to know things you appreciate and want us to continue doing and we also need to hear your ideas for improvement. Click the following link to be taken to a survey for Creekside. This will take approximately 10 minutes to complete. Family Climate Survey
Thank you for taking the time to do this important survey. It will guide our school development and improvement planning.
Read on for some important updates!
Growth, Love, and Learning,
Fun for Kids!
Ok, let’s face it. June could be a long month for kids who are excited to go on vacation. Our staff have planned a lot of fun things to keep our Stingers interested and excited about school in June.
- First, check out the attachment to this Buzz. You’ll see an ABC calendar of things our teachers are doing with their Stingers beginning May 18 and going til June 25 (Yep…that’s 26 days of school, folks!). Most things we will do at school, but teachers may ask for help with a few items so make sure to read their emails to you each week.
- Second, please send a white T-shirt for tie-dying to school with your Stinger by June 14. This t-shirt does not have to be new, just white. It can even have a graphic or text on it. If you decide to send a new t-shirt, please consider donating an extra for a classmate who may not be able to bring one.
Fun for Staff, too!
I am cooking on something fun for staff in June. I can’t say much more or it will spoil the surprise. If you are interested in donating a small prize to help say “Thank you!” to the best staff around, please consider sending any of the following types of items with your Stinger to bring to the office:
- Starbucks gift card ($5)
- A pack of gum
- Hand soap, hand lotion, other items for pampering the tired teacher
- Cute pair of socks
- A candy bar
- A can of Coca Cola or some other soda
- A set of gel pens
- A bag of chips or a can of Pringles or some other snack
- Etc….etc…etc…Thank you!!!
Parent Engagement, Diversity/Equity/Inclusion Advisory, and Creekside Vision Input
Thank you for coming to our PTSO meeting and sharing your ideas last week. Please consider coming to our June 8 meeting at 6 pm using this link. At this meeting, you will be invited to:
- learn about and comment on the work we have done as a staff to develop our vision for Creekside.
- share input on the work of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Creekside.
- share additional ideas for parent and family engagement.
- put your name in a drawing for a $50 Silverwood Gift Card if you stay the whole time.
If your child wants to have a second lunch, please be reminded that only the first lunch is free. The second lunch will need to be charged to your child’s account and the cost is $2.85. A child’s account must have a positive balance in order to allow the child to have a second lunch.
Achoooo!! It’s allergy season, baby!
Please remember that if your child has seasonal allergies that have symptoms such as a runny nose or a cough, we have to treat those as if they are Covid symptoms and send a child home UNLESS your doctor gives the school a note explaining that your child has seasonal. If these symptoms are accompanied by a fever or other “Class A” symptoms, we may still have to send a child home.
Click here for a great article on our very own Superintendent Woodward and our Nurse Carrie Dinwoodie, who, along with Nurse Ruth Erb, managed the Covid-related health and safety of 10,000 students this year!
Remote Learning Day, May 28 and June 11
There will be no in-person learning on Friday, May 28 or Friday, June 11. Instead, students will receive remote learning instructions and assignments while teachers collaborate to focus on improving student learning.
Field Day, June 23
Last Day of School, June 25.
12 pm dismissal. Lunch is not served on June 25.
Ongoing, remainder of school year
Kindergarten Registration for 2021-22! Please tell your neighbors and friends in the Mead School District. Regardless of whether you want to have your kids in remote learning or face-to-face learning next year, please get them registered as soon as possible so we can plan for Stinger Staff! If your child is a preschooler starting Kindergarten next year, you must re-register at your home school. Here is the link to go right to the online registration page.
If your child is a preschooler who will be moving into a Developmental Learning Center for Kindergarten, you will register him or her at your neighborhood school. The determination about which DLCs all children will attend has not been made yet, but you can go ahead and register.